segunda-feira, 13 de novembro de 2017

2013-11-17: The story of Freda Kelly (by The Guardian)

... Beatles' secretary for around 10 years:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/nov/17/beatles-secretary-freda-kelly-story

Citando:
""Paul, you could always rely on. He was the good one. George was very thoughtful – he would always say 'What have you got in your cupboard for me to sign?' Ritchie [Ringo, real name Richard] was always laughing. He was Mr Happy. John was a man of many moods. People think John Lennon was a big, hard man. He had his moments but there was a caring side to him."

By her own admission, Kelly was something of "an innocent" when she started working for the Beatles. "I was Miss Gullible. I was an Irish Catholic who went straight from the Girl Guides into the music business. I didn't know anything about anything."

It was Lennon who explained to her that her boss Epstein was gay – at the time, homosexuality was still illegal. "I remember saying to John: 'I can't make him out. There's something about him.' And he started laughing. He explained it to me in really simple terms. He said: 'Put it this way, if you and he were the last people on a desert island, you'd be safe.'""

E sobre o DVD:
"Good Ol' Freda will be shown on More4 on 10 December, 9pm. It is also available to buy on DVD from 4 December at amazon.co.uk"

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário